Exclusive Hawksworth recipe
Food This tasty take on veggies is served at the Hawksworth Cocktail Bar.
You can add it as a perfect side to your dinner tonight.
Korean Fried Cauliflower
1 head of cauliflower
250 gr all-purpose Flour
500 mL tempura batter (see recipe)
200 mL Korean chili sauce * we make ours in house but you can buy in any Asian grocery store it is called gochujang
50 gr toasted white sesame seeds
30 gr sliced scallion
- Cut cauliflower into 1” florets
- Blanch in salted water for 15 secondss and place in ice bath to stop cooking|
- Dust cooked cauliflower florets in all purpose flour and then dip in tempura batter
- Pan fry in cast iron pan with 1" deep canola oil ( 350F) until crispy, turning in oil carefully if needed
- Remove from oil when crispy and toss in Korean chili sauce
- Put in bowl and sprinkle with sesame seeds and scallions
500 mL rice flour
2 T sesame oil
1 T baking powder
1 T baking soda
30 mL sherry vinegar
50 mL grapeseed oil
- Combine all in a bowl and whisk until fully incorporated, some lumps are ok
- Reserve until needed – enjoy!