Maple Glazed Duck Breast
Food There is no measure for the maple syrup… let your taste buds decide the amount that’s right for you!
- 2 raw duck breasts
- Salt and pepper (to taste)
- 3 teaspoons (15 ml) olive oil
- Pure maple syrup (to taste)
- 1. Score fat in diamond pattern shallow enough as to not puncture flesh.
- 2. Season whole breast with salt and pepper.
- 3. Add olive oil to cold skillet and place breasts in pan skin side down, starting with a cold pan and gradually turning heat up to medium-high (should take 7-10 minutes). Cook until fat has rendered out with skin crispy and golden brown.
- 4. Flip breasts over and sear for 1-2 minutes.
- 5. Remove excess fat from pan.
- 6. Baste breasts with maple syrup.
- 7. Place breast skin side down in pre-heated oven at 400 F for 7-8 minutes. Check every 3 minutes and pour off excess fat.
- 8. Baste once more with syrup and let rest for 10 minutes before serving.